Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a major issue with my 1992 Saab 9000 CD turbo, I got to work this morning and got out of the car to lock it and the key just turns free and does nothing. Both ways, it wont lock or unlock the drivers side. It just turns freely. I dont mind locking it from the passenger side, but I cant! because if I do when I get back to the car how am I going to keep the alarm from going off??? If the drivers key is broken I wont be able to turn the alarm off for when I open the passenger door, which means I cant lock the car. This is unacceptable when im going to school at a community college. Has anyone heard of this issue before? Is the locking mechanism purely electrical? In other words, is it somthing mechanical broken? or electical? There is no tension on the door lock at all, so I cant see how the actuator would be broken, as I would think it would at least continue to apply tension on the key but would just prevent it from unlocking.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Aaron

P.S. Another great tip would be, is there a fuse I can pull to disable the factory alarm?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, took apart the door and found the faulty part, was just a ball had broken off a metal pin pertruding from the key mechanism so I drilled out the key mechanism and replaced it with a screw, then put the screw where the ball used to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.