Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a replacement driver UK door as the last one had a bad repair and the door skin has gone scabby. So a door from SALVOGROUP with no rust.
In stripping it out prior to respray how do youj remove the door handle ?
I've undone the two securing nuts but the handle wont twist out, there appears to be two j shaped mouldings inside to prevent the removal . Help !! thanks

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
The J pieces are the inside of the handle. You need to take the handle itself out first - or at least lift it up and wedge it. I think you need to unlock it with the key? Can't remember exactly

Then I think the rest of the handle (backplate) is held in by the lock barrel.

Long time since I helped someone to do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats great, unfortunately the donor car key isn't available, so when I pull the whole door handle assembly, it moves away from the body about an inch but the j pieces hold it. So is there a way of springing the lock barrel out. ?
The original handle including key (cylinder) lock from my car will be fitted in its place. Thanks for any ideas

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I think the lock barrel is held by one screw and comes out with a twist. Can't remember exactly. Screw may be inaccessible until the handle is out. When I did the previous one we were just changing a broken handle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts