Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drivers (outside) door handle on my 91 9000S does not work. I pull the lever and nothing happens. I have to get in the passenger side and open the drivers door with the inside handle. I've noticed one of the rear doors is now getting as bad. What's wrong?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My old Golf had a very similar problem - not sure if Saabs work the same way, but it was just the bit's of old coat-hanger wire running inside the door had gone out of adjustment. Take the door cards off and you'll be able to see the problem and hopefully just "tweak" the bits of wire accordingly to get it back operational again.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My driver's door just started acting up the other day, wouldn't seem to open unless you yanked it and pulled the lever a few times. I sprayed the mechanism down with silicon lubricant as well as the rod it latches to. That has completely fixed the problem for me, they just pop right open when the lever is pulled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.