Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just come back from a 3 and a bit week holiday in the USA.

Got back to the K Reg 2.3T at Heathrow. Turned on the ignition, let it do the checks, cranked the engine and it fired on the second crank - all 4 cylinders, smooth as silk.. just a bit of a graunch from the brakes from rust.

Got home and went to the P reg 2.0t..power on, let it finish the check and off we went.

So much more fun than my old cavalier which would take 2 to 3 minutes to start after standing for a few weeks.

Steve

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wish it were something as simple as that!
I know that I ought to measure the current, taking out each fuse in turn - BUT - I'm sure it will turn out to be something I can't afford to replace.
I'm not hte only one with this problem : there have been various threads about it in the past.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
My first three 9000s needed a new battery shortly after I bought them (OK, the Aero's battery lasted 6 months before it died). It seems to be a problem with 9000s. The 4th 9000 turned over slowly until I fitted a new battery and the 5th had a brand new battery fitted by the dealer before I bought it (what does that tell you?)

The common symptom is that the battery won't hold a charge for any length of time.

I have no idea why 9000s that have been sitting for a while might need a new battery shortly afterward. That's my experience, though.

Checking the fuses for current draw is a good idea. There are a few possible causes that aren't all that expensive.

·
Registered
360 Posts
saw a flyer for Maplins, the electronic bits shop, today. They are selling a solar powered battery topper-upper for £15 - I'll get one tomorrow and if it works its got to be cheaper than anything from the Saab shop!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts