Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know what has happened to the trusty old Saab. First the Temp sensor got stuck and would not cool the engine down now this.(2.0CDE LPT)

On kick down, the engine starts to go as if it is about to take off and then nothing, it is as if something cuts in and reins it back. This fault is intermittent. It is not the DI as that has been changed and so has the fuel filter. There are no error codes coming up and it has just had a service at Volsaa in Derby. They offered to fully check the car out but my pockets would not stretch that far.

PS. It was doing this before the service.

Secondly, I switched on the air con yesterday to demist the car. I did not here the motor kick so I left it on for a while to watch whether it would kick in and it did not.The air coming out of the vents was cold. Does the motor not kick in if it is cold outside????

PPS. I intially bought the CDE because most CDE's tend to be autos but I would rather have a CS now for load lugging.I still the CDE is good looking motor (the debate will roll on)

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Vsraut:
[qb]Does the motor not kick in if it is cold outside????[/qb][/b]
No. It mentions this in the handbook and I can't remember now whether it's below 3 or 5 deg C that it doesn't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. sorry for the late reply I had to go to New York. I ran the Saab back from the airport and the aircon seemed to be working as it was demisting the screen. I have not had a chance to look under the bonnett to see whether it is clicking. Will keep you posted.

Any Ideas on why the acceleration works ok sometimes and sometimes the power kicks in and backs off.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by Vsraut:
[qb]Any Ideas on why the acceleration works ok sometimes and sometimes the power kicks in and backs off. [/qb][/b]
Possibly either an old and weak wastegate actuator or a sticking wastegate or a faulty APC solenoid. Hope you get it sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts