Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

as some of you might know, I´m planning on upgrading my Viggen Convertible´s suspension. So far, I want to get the Abbott Viggen Rescue Kit and Abbott Springs. Later, I want to add Koni Dampers. But do I still need an uprated rear anti roll bar? I read somewhere that the original Viggen anti roll bar is already nearly as stiff as the Abbott anti roll bar?!

Thanks,

Philip

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Dunno if you need the uprated anti roll bar or not but according to EPC, the rear roll bar is the same on all 9-3s, including the Viggen. There are however 3 different front bars and I know the Sport has a different one to standard, presumably the same as the later Aero. The third might be Viggen specific or might just refer to non-turbo variants (all EPC refers to is Code A, B or C)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had the same dilemma a few months ago. The rear anti-roll bar is the same on the Viggen as on the rest of the range and isn't really upto the job of keeping the car stable when

I had the bar fitted to mine along with the VRK and it's made a big difference. I used to find the car pitched about a bit when cornering, but that's now been cured and it feels much better balanced.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the many quick responses!

@sentinel: But you didn´t try the VRK WITHOUT the upgraded anti roll bar, didn´t you?

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by philip hs:
[qb]@sentinel: But you didn´t try the VRK WITHOUT the upgraded anti roll bar, didn´t you?
[/qb][/b]
I did actually . Originally I had only booked the car in for the VRK.

I had a chat with Ed and Giles about further improvements while that was being done and the roll bar came up as one of the suggestions. Had a test drive with the VRK only and then decided to have it installed - I was very impressed with how quick they managed to make one as they didn't have any in stock.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Sentinel,

I think I will go your way. What did you have to pay for VRK + Anti Roll Bar + Fitting + VAT?

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
229 Posts
Had a search around for the invoice and heres the breakdown...

Viggen Rescue Kit £495.00
Labour on fitting £85.00 (fixed price for 2 hours)
Rear Anti-Roll Bar £145.00
Labour on fitting £15.00
VAT @ 17.5% £129.52

The total's a bit too depressing to type , but the car is totally transformed.

I'm still not 100% happy with the standard springs and dampers, but this is only really a problem when you have a bad road surface and throw in lots of camber changes when you're travelling at (very) illegal speeds, so I'm not exactly in a rush to replace them just yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts