Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've had the aero I've noticed that the revs don't drop too quickly when changing gear. I was under the impression this was perfectly normal but lately after every gear change the revs stay quite high. Also I've noticed that the car seems to pull itself forward even when I've let go of the accelerator.

More frequently now when coming to a stop the revs will rise and fall and this has also happended on a few ocassions when I've started the car up.

We used to have this problem with our old 9000 CDE
and it seemed the lamda sensor was the problem. Although having changed this a few times we still had the same problem. My first thoughts were is it the same problem? Or could it be a dodgy IAC valve that perhaps needs cleaning? If so what sould I use to clean it?

Thanks
Zahid

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by ZARS:
[qb]Or could it be a dodgy IAC valve that perhaps needs cleaning?  If so what sould I use to clean it? [/qb][/b]
Sounds most likely to me. A good blast of carb cleaner should sort it; make sure you remove the hoses from it first.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. I'll hopefully clean it tomorrow depending on the weather. The sooner the better though as I noticed the fuel needle drop considerably after about 20 miles of driving around the city today

·
Registered
300 Posts
also check vac hoses for disconnects. I finally zip tied the ends to the nipples *and* on a couple of them wrapped around something to keep them from blowing out with the rubber gromet. Yep, I did renew the rubber thingie, cleaned the mount point and still had to go to extremes. But I don't have those problems any more.

One in a row I say, something you've figured how to fix and "never have to do it again"...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've just had a look under the bonnet and cannot find the AIC valve. I've looked on the parts cat. to see where it should be located and it does'nt seem to be there

Could it have something to do with the fact that my car has TCS???

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
So you bought some carb cleaner? Take the big rubber hose off the throttle body and give the throttle body and throttle plate a really good blast. Take the throttle body off and do both ends if you're keen. Saab recommend doing that at every service for TCS-equipped 9000s but many people don't bother.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh dear, that does'nt sound so good then, I hope the throttle body is'nt on it's way out
How do you adjust idle with an elec throttle?

Saying that though the car seemed to be ok this evening. Was accelerating quickly and the revs were backing down quick enough.

Can't work out why I'm loosing boost though. The car boosted up to 1.2-1.3 bar before but now seems to go up only to 1.1 bar and stops. The recent dyno session highlighted a boosting problem. Wastegate seems to be ok, or so I think. No vacuum leaks that I can see. Any ideas??

Also I have a Forge recirc dump valve and have recently noticed that when backing off the turbo I can't always hear the dump valve. Is this normal?

I'm really not having a good time at the moment with the car

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bill, yes I do have some carb cleaner so I'll give the throttle body a good clean. I have an Abbott big intake pipe on it's way so will probably wait for that to come so I can do the whole lot together. At least the weathers getting warmer!

Any ideas as to the other probs with my car, or are aero's just tempremental

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Zars,

I have noticed with my Aero the boost is lacking sometimes and have noticed a drop of 2-3 psi when the weather gets warmer!

As you said though they noticed something with the boost on the rollers.

Hope you get it sorted soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.