Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe they used a pressure regulator to control the drivers windshield wiper fluid sprinkler nozzel. YYYep!!! Ho Ho Ho Santa's not done yet, there are many gift to behold by owning a "SAAB". I looove this car as well but I need to say Merry Christmas to all those who suffer with me and who are unfortunatley gifted in tinkering. Like the elves we formulate a happenstance solution to all "it's" problems. They never seem to end mode.
I love this car but I hate the mode I'm in, right it's only temporary but it's still annoying. I call my a car the "elfs tool box" but I'm the only one who fixes it. Jim be patient don't think dooooom and gloooom it's only their grander technology. OK!
New circumstances all at once,
The radiator leaks between the pump and the engine block, change "o-rings".
Also working on a head light open circuit problem, just a side-job.
Noisy cabin in gear at stand still, car runs "great" otherwise.
Maybe Santa will speculate a year of goodness for me and I'll have no problems with the elfs tool box.
Oh boy! we have snow tomorrow, I can shovel the snow and not have to worry about seeing the car.
Great,

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Do you believe they used a pressure regulator to control the drivers windshield wiper fluid sprinkler nozzel. YYYep!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but there is a non-return valve in the line.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bubbles, I stan to be corrected not only one valve but three, there is one at the pump which should suffice for all. While the snow and salt caked the drivers side windshield, there was no fluid, I could have been in an accident, this should never happen. In all the cars I've ever owned, they have not used valves and system never failed. I found the problem with the neoprene valve diaphram, it had melted, this clogged the port. I used a generic fluid to clean windshield, this may have reacted to the rubber diaphram. To resolve the problem just remove the guts and plug external hole in the cap and replace.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I have never had a problem with the valves clogging and I always use a washer fluid additive. I have had them leak, however and have found it's not worth the hassle of trying to repair them when they are cheap as chips, especially if you go into a parts shop and buy cheaper, more robust, non-Saab ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.