Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Abbott only do the one brace that fits between the rear wheel arches in the back, that stiffens the rear part of the shell in a CS hatch.

Only neccessary for serious track day/competition use I would think, for a 'normal' road car the disadvantages would probably outweigh the advantages......significant reduction in load carrying ability for one.

Don't see any other type of strut brace for the 9000 on the website..

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Keith, I know what you mean. My Carly had a very "floppy" rear end, I often thought that it would be beneficial to get something to make it stiffer.

Seriously though, the CD and CS have much stiffer bodyshells than the pre-1992 hatches. My Carlsson also suffered from corrosion in the boot floor, no doubt that this didn't help matters really.

I think if you're not worried about boot space it would be worth considering some sort of cross- brace to tighten things up a bit. I'd guess it's possible to install something along these lines without having to drill any holes in panels or do any internal welding. You just need something fabricating out of tubular alloy or plain aluminium.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.