Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, if you are looking to upgrade you discs take a look here. web page

If you already know about them what are they like?

Andy
P.S. had a look at the 2.3 Anna on Sunday, 99k on the a bit untidy, I reckon she has had 99k of very hard miles, not sure if I'll buy her yet still mulling it over.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I think that's a great idea for brakes! Well provided they can make them strong enough to keep from cracking. Turbulence = faster moving air = Bernulli priciple = lower pressure. Which would draw more air through the vanes, which are clearly swirled.

Someone on the SaabScene forum here should try them to see if they're tough enough to stand a beating at track day. Thanks for the suggestion brokensaab!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Looks like the outside part of the disc - the bit that gives the most leverage for stopping - is in contact with the pads for less than 50% of the time.

Can't make sense, surely?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hmmm... I'm a bit dubious myself. As you say, sgould, there's a reduction in the pad to disc contact area over the OEM discs. And if they were that good, then surely they would be fitted as standard on high performance models- just like grooved or cross drilled discs are.

The only element of the design that I can see (and ideed they claim) helps cooling is the spiralled vent channels- just like AP use on their high performance discs. Nowhere do they claim any performance benefit from looking like a circular saw.

A largely cosmetic exercise apart from the spiral vents IMO.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Suppose it's a mute point anyway as most modern performance discs cool more than well enough for anything the average driver can throw at them. Still ... we'll all laugh if indeed later on it does turn up on high performance factory cars aye?

edit: It'd be nice if this company just made regular slotted discs. These "fancy" ones appear to be less expensive than the AP discs. So standard slotted discs should be cheaper still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.