Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend to disconnect my battery this weekend to reset the ECU.

As the car was run on Safeways fuel before I bought it, is it possible that the ECU has adapted to lower octance fuel so that despite the fact I have now run it on a few tanks of optimax it isnt adapting for the higher RON?

If I disconnect, how long should I leave it before re-connection, and what sort of driving should I do when I first take it out?

Anything else I have to be wary of when doing this (besides shorting the battery)?

Manys thanks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For a few weeks now I have had a lovely Pioneer Head Unit and 6 disc changer, so no need to remember codes.

I dont have a boost guage, but I know a nice long uphill near me where I should be able to do 40 - 100 in 4th. Not that I would drive that quickly.

Only a few seconds for it to all reset? There is no backup in the system, to power it for small disconnection times?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.

I will disconnect the battery on Saturday (negative lead off isnt it?), then get up bright and early Sunday morning and head for the hills with a full tank of Optimax.

Perhaps I should not set the alarm and just use the central locking before I disconnect.

If it can increase the power I would be happy, as I still havent had any wheelspin in 2nd or too much torque steer :

1 - 4 of 4 Posts