Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1986, 9000, T16. B202 engine.

Today whilst tinkering I found a wiring plug that appeared to be disconnected. It's located in the left cowl section of the front of the car, housed with the Bosch Jetronic computer module.
The two plugs are wired as follows.....(they are 3 pin plugs viewed form the curved face
MALE side..pins forward,) white on the left..grey in the centre, and grey with a white stripe on the right.......
FEMALE side, (viewed from curved side also, wires at front)..grey on the left, Blue with red stripe centre, and Black on the right.
I'd like to know if the se are supposed to be connected together.
Thanks in advance
Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm guessing that due to the different colours of the wires on each plug that they are NOT meant to be connected and would advise you not to unless anyone else can confirm differently.

Chances are that these are for some accessory or other that your car doesn't have. You should be able to find these in a wiring diagram for your car. Even the largely useless Haynes manuals have these in.

Unless you have noticed that something connected with these plugs has stopped working I would leave them well alone or bad things may happen!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Loz.
I haven't checked the Haynes manual. as I didn't think it'd be of any use. They have certainly gone downhill in terms of being usefull to have around a car compared to the older copies I have for my other cars. (I did notice it's now a service and repair manual, whereas they used to be 'Owners Workshop manuals'.
I am not too familiar with Saab wiring/electricals as yet, but No nothing has stopped working recently. It's just that the 2 plugs are so close together.
It doesn't look like they would mount anything more in that area.
Wouldn't even consider connecting them up...picturing smoke and sparks form God could only guess where, major fireworks I am sure. May-be I'd geta few extra pounds of boost?

Thanks again,
Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.