Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I parked my car in the garage,with a brand new fulley gharged battery,went to it on Sunday,as flat as a [expletive deleted],well it opened the central locking and turned over about twice,my question is,should this be so,I know there will be some drain,clocks etc,but it does not seem right to me,I can leave my old Citroen BX for weeks on end and it will still start,any ideas?
Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
you need to check the car for spurious current drain. The alarm etc should only consume milli amps and the bettery should survive for many weeks at that rate. I'd bet you have someting causing a drain on it. Check the boot light, that's a favourite! Any audio amps not switching off?
Pete.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No boot light or similar burning,likewise on the audio gear,alarm is main suspect to date.My tame sparky is coming over at the weekend ,so we can start from scratch,I will keep you posted,thanks for the input.
mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.