Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night sitting on the road by the NEC I noticed that the heating really wasn't working. The temp guage was showing normal but what position I put the temp control upto it still blew "cool" air.

less than 2 minutes after getting out onto the open road it started blowing nice toasty hot air into the cabin.

All I can assume is that the valves in the lines to the heater matrix just wouldn't open during the 100 minutes I sat there in stationary traffic (having got into it about 4 minutes after leaving work).

So is this normal behavior or do I have a problem.. if it had been a colder day I'd have been shaking by the time I got away.

Steve

·
Registered
865 Posts
if you have acc.it will be the small fan located below heated seat swich on the dash.this pulls in air over a temp. sensor which sets your heating.the fan gets clogged and stops turning ( did mine last week,i had same prob.) if you remove acc.unit you can access it through apperture.remove fan and give it a good clean and it should then be ok.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fan is clean and the acc works fine normally. It was just this time sitting in the queue that the acc just blew coolish... once I got out onto the open road it heated up nicely. I just dont think that the acc had access to the hot water that it needed to warm the cabin up. The air was blowing up onto the screen and through the side vents at quite a speed but was not warm. If the temp sensor was faulty I would expect it to have either been toasting me whatever temp I put the acc on, or it would have been blowing through the low vents and freezing me.

Steve

·
Registered
706 Posts
Might be some air trapped in the system, the revs getting higher when on the open road then forcing some of the trapped air out of the heater matrix.

Try runnign the engine with the radiator cap off for a while and squeeze water hoses etc while its running.

Skiddins

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.