Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Q: the pinout schemes in the DI/APC workshop manual (which my Saab garage kindly lent me) are to be understood as a 'ground plan' of the connector when it faces you, not the 'recipient side' on the ECU itself, right?

If so, the [email protected]*&^% Trolls reversed the order printed on the inside of the plastic thingy that holds the pins to the ECU (hardly visible anyways).

Connected the way it is according to what's on the ECU, the +30 battery source sends battery voltage through the +15 switched 12V input to the rest of the electrical system (tripping the fuel ECU relays and lighting the dashboard) whenever it's connected, and there's only 1.5V on the B+ outputs to the crank position and pressure sensors...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have the complete pinout and wiring diagrams here (the '88 stand alone DI is not on that site anyways) - just need a confirmation about how to read the pinout before I tear out and rearrage all the pins in my DI connector - somehow the writers of the workshop manual seem to think it's completely obvious, but still...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts