Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the lookout for a DI Cassette, for a 1990 9000 2.0 cds turbo, i have been on eurocarparts.com, and have seen one for about £114, which sounds great for what it is, but are the all the same, i.e 2.0 ltr or 2.3ltr, turbo or non turbo, or are they a different cassette depending on engine type

cheers

tommy

·
Registered
865 Posts
tommy,i have di that missfires for a while but runs...what i mean is caR DOES NOT CONK OUT, if you are not sure it is di you can have mine for free/even to confirm prob.if interested post reply.zep..

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Stuart, sorry to hear it didn't do the trick.

There are two tpes of DI pack and I understand that they are technically different (although would be interested to know what the technical differences actually were?):

But they are clearly distinguishable as on type is painted BLACK and the other RED.
I think the BLACK units may only be used on non-turbo engines.. so make sure the replacement is the same colour!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah mines red, i am going to change plugs first to see if that cures it, but even though on a 146000 mile engine, i gonna go soon anyway, so if i do get one i'll put it in garage for later

chreers

tommy

·
Registered
970 Posts
Make sure that the lead running to the DI detaches at the end of it, where it joins the cartridge. Older (and less good) cartridges have the lead running into the cartridge without the detachability.

(I hope that makes sense).

·
Registered
865 Posts
no paul my 9000s non turbo is red cart./just replaced it; tommy if cart. has connector on r/h side, disconnect here, if not follow wires back to two pull out connectors and disconnect there. i think your car will be former type,you can have mine for free to check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.