Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the di this weekend ..The old one has been showing signs of dying for some time ..it went through a stuttering phase (but got better )
It was working but my suspicion is that it was not working as well as it should..
The new one has made an incredible difference especially in the off/on boost lag
on Wot the boost comes in much quicker ...

I changed the sparkies as well (as advised ) but they were only 5k old...

Feels as if I have a full compliment of gg's now..

we will see next week

·
Registered
291 Posts
Does it feel like you hit the brake by mistake when the DI is starting to fail?When I press the loud pedal quickly it is like I slammed on the anchor by mistake coupled with some strange starting noises like a backfire

·
Registered
597 Posts
My DI cassette failed a few months ago. It was difficult to start on several occasions, then wouldn't start at all (sounded like backfiring). I had the car towed to a garage - they couldn't find the problem (they were misled by the fact that the DI cassette still fired all 4 plugs after the ignition was switched off). I had to diagnose the problem, order the part, and pay the garage for the diagnostic time (£60). If only I'd found this forum earlier!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by jig:
[qb]Does it feel like you hit the brake by mistake when the DI is starting to fail?When I press the loud pedal quickly it is like I slammed on the anchor by mistake [/qb][/b]
No, that sounds like overboost fuel cutoff. DI is more of a misfire.

Have you got any ECU or hardware mods that might raise the boost pressure from stock?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good news chap -really looking foward to seeing your car. Had the AX-22 in the car again today and recored a peak of 290'ish bhp (that'd be at the wheels), in a C900 that might just be enough ........ not to be left too far behind!

Matt

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bubbles I have a JT full exhaust with sport cat,JR filter and using an BCV,never had a problem with using BCV until fitting the exhaust but it has been on for a few months now without problems

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
 Does it feel like you hit the brake by mistake when the DI is starting to fail?When I press the loud pedal quickly it is like I slammed on the anchor by mistake coupled with some strange starting noises like a backfire  [/b]
Could be - contrary to the misfire failure as mine gave up it felt like the fuel had been cut off a couple of times when I put my foot down at motorway speeds and then re-covered. Finally gave up with a non start when hot and AA man but by time her reached me had cooled enough to start. Then had the misfire under load to main dealer to get new one....

Mike

·
Registered
836 Posts
I've also had DI failure which was of the brick-wall variety, as soon as it came up to boost (on a 9000 2.0FPT) The problem was initially cured by putting the correct plugs in it, in place of the 'not-even-close' type as installed by the previous owner. Sadly the DI later died, firstly as a slight misfire, then increasing up to the brick-wall effect again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts