Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

You know I just did a chain job...well, that went well, but the new parts seem to have tightened things up a little so that I'm 'feeling' more from the engine and am convinced that the exhaust note is sharper.. imagination maybe?

On the downside, I seem to be getting a slight hesitation under load, feels a bit like the boost dipping a bit..then under a light load I think I'm getting a mis-fire which makes things a tad rough.

When I did the chains I wasn't as brave as JohnCC so didn;t do a full head-job, but I did take out the plugs to find all the gaps between 1.5 and 2mm. Needless to say they got re-gapped sharpish, but that was all that was needed apart from oil and filter...

Anyway - the question is:

If it is the DI, how can I test it for full functionality, and if there is a fault found, can they be repaired or can it only be replaced??

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It does sound like a DI fault.

Firstly, however, if your plug gap was that far out, I'd throw the plugs away and get a new set. NGK BCPR7ES11 are the only plugs you should fit.

The test for a DI fault is to find a known good one and swap it to see if the fault goes.

Although earlier models could sometimes be repaired, the later ones can't. There is a procedure for servicing them that may help here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.