Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They realy should have made the new 9-7x with more of a genuine saab appeal.

the taillights should have been designed to look more like the lights on the old 9-3 hatchback. And the engine is one of my biggest frustrations. I think they should only offer the engine in the inline 6 format for a base model and a turbocharged version for the Aero or top of the line luxury. (Of course this would be with a very basic 4.2l I6 block but rebuilt with all SAAB guts) Kind of what they did with the new 9-3's 2.0 litre HOT.

It would be awesome if SAAB could devellope it's own 4WD or ALL Wheel Drive system on this vehicle as well.

Bottom line, If they want to make this brand make a bigger pressence on the market, they realy need to individualize it a bit more. Keep some uniqueness to the brand.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by drioux15:
[qb]They realy should have made the new 9-7x with more of a genuine saab appeal.

the taillights should have been designed to look more like the lights on the old 9-3 hatchback. And the engine is one of my biggest frustrations. I think they should only offer the engine in the inline 6 format for a base model and a turbocharged version for the Aero or top of the line luxury. (Of course this would be with a very basic 4.2l I6 block but rebuilt with all SAAB guts) Kind of what they did with the new 9-3's 2.0 litre HOT.

It would be awesome if SAAB could devellope it's own 4WD or ALL Wheel Drive system on this vehicle as well.

Bottom line, If they want to make this brand make a bigger pressence on the market, they realy need to individualize it a bit more. Keep some uniqueness to the brand.

What do you guys think? [/qb][/b]
That would mean time and money spent in development which quite frankly GM are not prepared to spend.
They want cheap-quick-fix model to volume sell, whicih is why it's not more than a Chevy with a made over interior, a few minor mechanical tweaks and voila put a round blue badge on it and it's a Saab.
Err, no it isn't, but the sales figures will prove whether the buying public have fallen for the sucker punch or whether it's GM will fall flat on their face.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with that is that if sales are low, GM will blame Saab for low sales. With GM its all about quantity and not quality. If for once they would focus on quality, maybe they would come out on top??!!! It seems that that is the way the import market is opperating and they obviously are above GM!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts