Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a very strange thing has happened to my96 9k. a sizeable dent has appeared in the centre of the roof above the front seats.all the rigidity has gone from the panel.Ive read this can be caused by a head on smash but can find no evidence this has ever happened to the car.a bodyshop suggested a support bar in the roof may have failed/come away. is this likely ? .the headlining looks like a complete B to remove so any advice would be welcomed before major surgery is undertaken....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea of what happened

If you are mechanically inclined, and curious, and have some spare time, the headliner is not so bad to remove, unless you have a CD.

Just remove the sunvisors, dome light, little console next to the windscreen, those handles that are next to the doors, including the plug nex to the driver's door, grab the door seals, unglue them and let them hanging down, remove the rear reading lights and then the C pillar covers, and the headliner comes out from the hatch.

It took me about one hour to do it, very carefully. I worked alone but I used some help when sliding it out of the hatch, I was very concerned about breaking it but I saw it's pretty tough.

I heard that in a CD the headliner is sopposed to come out of the passenger door, but I would struggle to figure uot how

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice on taking out the headlining. paco,i think you maybe right about some b*****d climbing on it either that or beckhams penalty finally landed!.Bodyshops differ between putting on a new roof(i dont think so!)and about 200quid to "make it 90% better." its one of those things you see every time you look at it,but nobody else notices.tried pullers on it but it just goes back.so its out with headlining this weekend....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.