Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to switch off the day-time lights on my '96 2.3t CSE? They are on the same fuse as my horn, no 31, so if I remove the fuse....no horn!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you sure?

I have a '94 cse and the fuse is separate and yes I've atken mine out.
On the back of the fuse board I assume there will be to sets of wiring for that fuse. Just disconnect the ones pertaining to the day time driving circuit

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The DRL fuses are seperate, at the extreme left of the fuseboard. I left mine out because unlike the earlier DRLs on the 9000 which lit seperate filaments in the side lights or the parking lamp in the CSE models, the '96 model puts on the dip beams which I don't like.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for your contributions. I have cut the wires to the rear of fuse 31 that connect the day-time lights. Horn still works and no day-time dipped beam. very strange wiring as i cannot see any mention of a fuse for the horn either on the fuse panel or the handbook. Anyway, it is working.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Interesting. Mine is also a '96 2.3T registered 27th July, but it obviously has different wiring from yours. It has a separate fuse for the DRLs and I'm sure the horn is on another fuse altogether. I'll try to remember to have a look and see which.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Derek, My two years experience of SAAB is teaching me one thing. It seems that just about every car is different!! there are two feeds to MY fuse 31. DRL and horn, but no mention of the horn whatsoever being connected there. As I mentioned, I had to stop the DRL, it was really annoying me, so wire cutters did the trick and all is working well now. One further question slightly off thread...my car has 'wire' alloys, not the three spoke as standard. The wheels are of the design to look like wire wheels as per BMW who favour theses rims. I have a full and very detailed service history and no mention of a rim change. Where they fitted as standard?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.