Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi, from what I remember you need to remove the centre vents and the drivers side vent plus the radio fascia and the button panel with the night panel button etc on to expose the screws that hold the surround in. Not an quick job!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did this the other weekend, i replaced my icm1 for icm2 and chanegd the surround!

I found it alot easier than i first thought!

The vents are a little fiddly, i managed to dismantle one but all went back together ok!

As i had a new surround, i didnt fiddle with paper clips, i slid a thin wallpaper scraper around the vent and popped it out!

Didnt leave to any damage to the vents at all and can imagine its easier than using a paper clip!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did this the other weekend, i replaced my icm1 for icm2 and chanegd the surround!

I found it alot easier than i first thought!

The vents are a little fiddly, i managed to dismantle one but all went back together ok!

As i had a new surround, i didnt fiddle with paper clips, i slid a thin wallpaper scraper around the vent and popped it out!

Didnt leave to any damage to the vents at all and can imagine its easier than using a paper clip![/b]
Thanks.

Hoping to give it a go over the weekend. The surround makes the car look tatty to me and is the ONLY thing I don't love about the car (so far!!)

Wish me luck..................

·
Registered
597 Posts
Definitely go with the paper clips (I use small screwdrivers) to release the vents. The assembly has similar clips inside to hold all the components together - if you try to lever the whole unit out and those inner clips release first, you're going to have a pile of bits on your lap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.