Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I had this when i first bought my car and there was one bulb out oneach side of the taillights. Not always noticeable as there are two bulbs fitted. Some models have a brake light test, mine doesn't - 92 cs

HTH

Neil

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had this same problem with my '87 and '88 turbos. What I finally found was a slight bit of corrosion on the plug to the removable light holder. The pictogram works off of resistance readings(ohms). If you have any bad connections(ie;plug,bulb base,or bulb contact)it will give false readings. hope this helps, I can't stand it when everything in my car doesn't work just right.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Another tip with these, is always to replace bulbs in pairs of the same make. It's possible for different makes of bulb to have slightly different resistance values and thus play havoc with the bulb comparator.
Pete.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou for help. it was in fact one of two bulbs out on one side, at first glance, both sides of car were lit up, but looked closer and realised twin bulbs each side, and not one. first car I have had with this set-up.
Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts