Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a problem where the dashboard lights kep going out, give the dimmer switch a quick smack and everything comes back.

Is there anything in the switch that can be checked or should I just buy another one?

Also does anyone have the part number for the switch or the Saab exploded diagram for the interior switches.

Thanks
Skiddins

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It's probably worth contacting a few of the sellers of other parts on Ebay as I'm sure that a number just list certain parts and can't be bothered to list every bit of their dashboard etc.

I have got a few bits this way. Who'd have ever thought there was a market for washer jets

David.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Thinking about it, it's probably worth opening it up, it's only going to be a wirewound track with a wiper, probably just needs a little cleaning and the wiper arm bending - sorry, re-adjusting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
Had the same problem. If you open up the unit you will see the prongs that go in to the plug on the wiring harness are solderd to the printed circuit board. Thease need to be re-solderd. Job done.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved, after removing the control for the lights (err, couldn't believe how long it was!) I discovered that the harness was very loose and about to fall off.
Pushed it back on and hey presto, dash lights were fine.
My kind of fix, cost £0

So I smacked the [expletive deleted] out of my dashboard for nothing.

Skiddins

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.