Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cup mount gauge install on my a-pillar worked great, but i wanted a bit more stealth, so i painted the autometer rim black, dremeled the light switch hole and threw it in the dash...i like the look, fits right in and almost looks stock...(sorta)...only bad thing is that i lost the light switch...it's sitting in behind the dash...:) i never used it anyway...thoughts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i definitely lost some visibility..especially when gripping the wheel at 10 and 2..for the most part though...it's not bad...was a trade off...

have an update also, forgot to mention..hit 18psi on my stg 2 yesterday!..i guess i finally got that adaptation completed..:)...just didn't happen before around 5200rpm..i can get 15psi quick!...but continues pushing through and gets to around 18 in the upper rpms....impressed with how i hold boost near redline now...(unlike the mbc)...

thanks!

eric

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Looks good there . Are you going to leave the light swtich inside the dash or work it out down below for some kind of access?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I like it!.. good spot.. I fitted mine on the A Piller at the weekend.. cos my 9K has switchable lights.. but what you've done would work on my 9-3 since it has daylight running lights (that can't be turned off)... excellent work!

Must get a dremel tool....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice ! Seen that done on a few 900/9-3:s before and I like it. Like you said it looks almost stock and is a bit more stealth =)

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Mark(9KAbbott_Stg3    ):
[qb]I fitted mine on the A Piller at the weekend.. cos my 9K has switchable lights..[/qb][/b]
If you want day running lights on your 9000, I believe it's only a matter of fitting a fuse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I HAVE FITTED A BOOST GUAGE IN MY SAAB 95 MY99.
I USED A MOBILE TELEPHONE POD AVAILABLE FROM SAAB WHICH FITS NICELY AND DOED NOT LOOK OUT OF PLACE. I WOULD SHOW A PHOTO BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO. COULD ANY ONE HELP ME TO POST PHOTOS.

·
Registered
96 Posts
To post a picture just click on the "image" button next to the smileys when you post your reply (or start a new thread)..Then just type in the adress where the pic is located ( it has to be in the internet) !

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Very cool. It has convinced me that mine would look better there than on a shelf in my garage. Just have to sort out somewhere to put the headlamp switch though first

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice.. Im still determinded to put mine where the clock is! Oh yeah, since I haven't acutally picked up the car yet, how do you go about removing the panel surrounding the clock???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the light switch i can do without...(i might try to relocate, but will most likely just leave it)...i couldn't get rid of the clock though..i really like it..that would a good spot though, maybe better visibility than the light switch...

now if i can just get rid of some of the glare on the face....is there a film that kills glare that could cover the face?...for some reason, the light switch seems to be the perfect place for serious glare...

/eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts