Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know this is a boringly regular topic but the dash and facia in my car is rapidly going into 'stealth' mode. Rather than doing the obvious and taking everything apart then hunting round for replacement bulbs I though I'd try and be organised for a change and buy everything I need first......

I've had a look back at all the previous relevant posts and have found some specs and I'm hoping that some of you can confirm that what I've found is correct and hopefully fill in a few of the blanks

Dash warning lights (eg lights on, main beam etc) : Maplins Code BT43 - is this also the type of bulb that illuminates the trip computer?

Facia bulbs (eg manual heater control switch illumination): ?

Thermal fuse for heater fan: I've found 2 part nos for this one - Maplins code RA64U and Malpins code RA19V ??

Push Button Switches (eg rear wash wipe, fog lights): I remember reading a thread about these quite recently but can't seem to find it again.....?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Firstly, dash warning lights are not the wire-ended type from Maplins, those are for the internal illumination of switches. I bought those for mine, and they're not really the right size, although they fit and work. Maplins now do coloured versions of these, which saves you fiddling with the silly green plastic covers that SAAB put over the bulbs! (And they're half the price!) cat No:pG79L.
Dash illumination is provided by 4 'tachograph' or 'clock' bulbs. These are not available from Maplins but can be got from Halfords or any other motor factors.
Dash warning lamps are 12v 1.2w capless wedge base lamps obtained from the same source.
The heater panel is lit from within. Pull off the knobs remove (I Think!) a couple of screws and you will see the single bulb in the unit.Pull it out to replace it. It's a 12v 4w wedge base capless bulb again got from the same place.
Good Luck, The bulbs for the switches are pretty fiddly to replace, but it's worth the effort when everything's lit again!
The only thing that niggles me, is that the switches in the overhead console don't light up. I'm looking at a way to rectify this, perhaps with a green LED!
Hope that helps
Pete.
Gloucester
UK
'91 9000S 2.3 Turbo.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm not sure about the EDU display bulbs. I gather they're some special sort of halogen bulb, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong! If you mean the SID driver/co-driver display, again, I'm not sure. Never had to touch those yet, he said, tempting fate!!!!!!!!1
Pete.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, we have all the lights working again apart from the ones in the dash, I've brought this to the top again in the hope that one of you can tell me what the bulbs are/where to buy the ones to illuminate the EDU (ie the lcd on the dash) please!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The bulbs you require to illuminate the EDU are :

3 @ Lucas LLB286TACP

You will also require an intimate knowledge of your dash board as total dismemberment is required to remove the clocks to gain access to the bulbs.

With the right Torex drivers I did the whole job in about 40 minutes.

Good luck.

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts