Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am considering painting/powder coating the Super Aero wheels on my 1995 Aero that sort of dark grey/anthracite colour I have seen on some other saabs. Has anyone got any photos of a black aero with dark wheels they could post on here.
Many thanks

Ant

·
Registered
623 Posts
I thought yours were "Aero" wheels, Andrew, and I thought they came painted dark form the factory in certain years. I think that "Super Aero" rims are the one, for example, in BillJ's car, and they all came in that silverish grey, and they were on 9000 aeros from 1995 I think (probably it' differnt depending to the country, this is about US because all the sources I remember about it are american).

In the end, to answer to Anthiny's question, I've never seen a dark painted super aero wheel.

Edited: Looking better at your pictures, yours actually ARE the same as BillJ's rims, so they ARE Super Aeros. Sorry for my being on the fire on it

·
Registered
623 Posts
In the end, to answer to Anthiny's question, I've never seen a dark painted super aero wheel.[/b]
Well, I was too on the fire again...

I remembered I saw this:

Some more infos are here, the original location of the pic, where I saw it.

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/9000/index.html?bID=145685

It's fantastic when you can link one board to the other! Shame that not everybody allows it...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Glad I was useful.
If you read in the TSN post, he put some shade of blue in the pain to getr the right colour.
I think they look great in a dark blue car, decent in a black car, out of place in any other car colour: but, of course, this is just my taste, and everybody has his own.

Anyway, I really like the original look, all in silver, of the super aeros anyway, even in a blue car.

What colour is yours? Post pics when you've done the job!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Anrew's and Marks wheels as Stefano points out are Aero wheels and they came as standard with dark grey centres and polished rims (here in the UK). Super Aeros as on the pic from Stefano came all silver grey - that pic is the first time I've seen them painted dark grey with polished centre - very nice, I like them

·
Registered
623 Posts
9000 bolt pattern is 4X108mm. 108mm is 4.25in more or less, so I don't think it's te same.

I never seen a 9000 with 14"rims. The stock 15" are already too small for the wheel arch.

In a word: don't do it

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by BurnsSide42:
[qb]does anyone know if rims that will fit a Nissan 240SX would fit a 9000?  It is a 4 bolt 5.5 bolt pattern.  I am not sure of rim width yet.  But they are neat looking, only problem is that they are 14's.... [/qb][/b]
I'm not sure, but I've seen Avez A rims (commonly seen on Abbott modded 9000's) fitted to a 300ZX. I wouldn't be surprised if both Nissans shared a common hub assembly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.