Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been posting bits here and there on the forum, hi jacking threads so thought I'd start my own and keep my cars progress in one place.

So it's a 58 reg TTID Aero Auto in Dark Glass Gray, had it just over a year and love it! (picture is the eBay one from about a year ago)

So far just had maintenance work done; new disks and pads on the front, new spring on the front and some servicing.

Recently I had a Limited performance episode which I had a diagnostics check done on today - history revealed "mechanical turbo fault" and "Ash level high". Upon further investigation the ash level was no longer high so that's good and soot level is at just 24% so all good on the DPF front. I managed to find a crack in the intake hose to throttle body so hoping that when I replace that the problem will be eradicated.

Whilst the Diagnostics fella was here I figured I may as well have it remapped to see what all the fuss is about. Not driven it much but a quick blast around the block revealed much smoother delivery and seems to accelerate through the rev range easier. Just tweaked an already sweet driving car. Figures quoted were: BHP 220 - Torque 480Nm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also got some G-Teckniq C4 a few weeks back and gave that a go on the scuttle panel and wing mirror bases. Jet washed the car and cleaned the areas to be treated with IPA. Result is very good and is supposed to last 2 years! Have always used Autoglym up until now which did a good job but did not last. Time will tell....New wiper blades to replace the old rusty ones has been on my list of things to do since day 1!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New intake hose fitted today. With the hose removed it was much easier to see the crack that I had found plus a further two on the underside that I could not see.....Hopefully problem sorted now:

S
hould've probably replaced that rusty jubilee clip but as there are other rusty parts under there it's not the end of the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts