Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a cycle rack on their 9000 CSE, if so, what make is it, as I have a 3 bike rack from Halfords which I used to use on my 9000 CD, and was very stable, but it does not like the 9000 CSE.
As soon as I put some pressure on the securing clips which mount on top of the tailgate, they slip off, and unfortunately have cracked the rear high view brake light.
Anyone had any success with one of these ???

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The way I do it is using the Saab roof bars with an Elite (Italian Co.)bike mount. The mount comes in to halves, the front grips the forks and the rear holds the back wheel. You can get 3 across no problem. The main difficulty with rear/ boot mounted racks is simply the bikes can fall off.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
Being a keen caravaner I take the bikes with us on my 2.3 cse I use Thule roof bars with Thule bike racks cheapest are from Halfords. SAAB genuine roof bars etc are made by Thule. We have had 5 bikes on the roof at one time (normally 4)
also very good at speed (tested in xs of 100mph)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would go the Thule route, then you also have the roof bars for carrying other junk. If you are going to keep the car I would buy Thule as opposed to lesser makes since they seem much better made.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys, I do already have a set of roof bars which were on the car when I purchased it, so maybe I'll look at getting some sort of roof mounted rack as suggested.

Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.