Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am curently in the USA and would like to know what model and year of Ford that has the Cup/coin holder that will fit into the din slot.

Thanks very much for any advice.

Jeremy

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is a guy in the States who regularly sells cup holders from a Ford Taunus that fit the 900/9000 din spaces on Ebay Auctions. They also incorporate a coin holder.If that is of any assistance seeing as you are already in USA.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not exactly what you wanted but for those that never realised (like me till today) unlike my '91 some of the later 9000's had inserts for the storage bin between the seats.

I got one today at the scrapyard from a crashed Griffin. The insert is a nicely designed unit with twin cup-holders, (very good grip, no slopping) and a reduced main storage area. There's also a 2" space underneath the insert for hiding stuff.

Anyone know when & which models these inserts were used on?

Cheers

DD

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
My '96 (P-reg) CSE came with one. My '96 (N-reg) Aero didn't. Then again, I didn't buy either of them new so I don't know whether this is how they came or if someone chucked out one that might have come with the Aero or someone bought one as an accessory for the CSE.

If that mnakes sense

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My '96 2.3T CSE has one. I's mainly a pain in the backside because the car also has twin airbags and hence no glove box which severly reduces the storage capacity. The tray thing on the passenger side of the footwell is no substitute and with the cupholder insert in the central box there is no room to get anything in there either so I'm quite happy to do without it.
I don't approve of drinking and driving anyway

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I took it out of the '96 and put it in the '95 which does have a glove compartment.
Count yourself lucky - my '96 Aero doesn't even have that little pocket at the side of the footwell, nor does it have the pockets on the front of the seats like my '96 CSE has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.