Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could any one give me the spec on the cs carlsson, also did it have the carlsson badge and body kit, are there any sites showing photos, and did it differ much from earlier 2.3 carlsson ?.

Stuart

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
for specs see:-

http://www.pastonroot.co.uk/wright/saabspec.htm

I also have the complete 1990, 1991 and 1992 Carlsson brochures (and 1993 CS Aero) scanned, but not on any web site.

CS Carlssons were badged as such on the rear, but didn't have the full front and rear spoilers, or the side skirt extensions, but the ordinary front and rear CSE bumpers were painted / colur coded.

All CS carlssons were 220 bhp 2.3's

As to differing to earlier, depends if you concider the 9000 to be the same as a CS...

Andrew

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I test drove a CS Carlsson about a year ago - from what I remember, that car had a Walnut Dash, the same leather trim as my old shape Carlsson, Aero Alloys, rear spoiler. It may have had a lower front spoiler, or maybe just because the car was sat on lower springs.

Car was tired at 220,000 miles, knackered Turbo and the exterior was tatty - hence I did not buy!

I still like them - the understated looks attract me - my Carlsson isn't very understated!

Kevin Mc
1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T (sloping front - not CS!)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and had a look at a j reg carlsson in black today, was up for £3995, had a rattle on start up,and a few oil leaks around engine bay,had alot of bills too,i thought the car wasnt worth the money as it wasnt that clean inside and out was told it was mint put an offer in of £3200 but was turned down,did i do the right thing??? anyway the hunt goes on for a 2.3 carlsson

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Even if that was a CS Carlsson, you were right to walk away.

My 160,000 mile Carly doesn't have any leaks. Also tatty does tend to equate to "uncared for".

I've seen Aero's for less than that money!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Stuart,

I guess the Carlsson you looked at was the one at Cromwell Saab? I think its way over-priced, they have had it a few weeks now but I guess they are happy to wait for that 'enthusiast' to pop along. Usual story of people overpricing things. I'm looking for an aero/anniversary but at the right price i.e. a few hundred above the best trade price - difficult

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes it was the cromwell one,they said they have had it for about a month so far,selling it for a customer,was a nice car but its over priced alot,i would pay the asking price thats how bad i want one, but for a clean mint car,which this one wasnt,it was meant to have thousands spent on it,didnt look it to me,has anyone else looked at the car at cromwell

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I'd seen that car on Autotrader's web site. Even if the car was mint, I wouldn't think it was worth 4 grand!

I saw a CS Carlsson for sale last summer for £3100 with 140k miles and a FSSH - that had sold before I got to it. :-(

·
Registered
865 Posts
my saab technician is selling his k reg.cs grey metallic/elec.everything,leather,walnut dash etc.160,000mls. immaculate/iwould like it myself,but dont have dosh/£3,500.only prob.it is in scotland....bit of a travel,but its a good car.i think he also uprated car to 235bhp.by the way i had a drive in 900t16s today..... i am in love again.black,16inch aero alloys,.... bodykit,leather....stunning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.