Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Tony, and welcome to Saabscene.

There are a number of things that could be causing your cruise not to work. The simple ones are faulty switches on the brake/clutch pedals.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember the intricate workings to further diagnose but it would be helpful if you could confirm what year your car is, and wheter it's manual or auto then others will no doubt chip in.

Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark and Harvey

My car is a 93' 9000 Aero, manual, the first of
93-97 model.
You both could be right.
I recently had the clutch master cylinder replaced and a clutch feed pipe replaced.
Do you think that they caused the fault to my cruise control?

Tony

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Being a probably TCS's car, the cruise is a lot similar and more reliable than it's vacuum counterpart.

So if you have TCS, and cruise isn't working (but tcs and ABS is OK) then your probably looking at the clutch or brake switch being misaligned.

Andrew

·
Registered
113 Posts
My cruise control stopped working after I had the clutch master cylinder replaced as well. What had happened was clutch pedal position changed slightly, and the plate attached to the clutch pedal wasn't pressing down the cruise control switch enough and overriding the switch on the stalk.

A VERY gentle bend to this plate was all that was needed to get things going again. The subtle application of brute force wins again!

BTW my car is a 1993 9000i with a vacuum system.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
John P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts