Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with my cruise control sometimes it works but most of the time its a right pain to get it to work any advice on that,i also have just got a bleed valve,gonna see if it will improve my on off performance not much puff in the lower gears and 5th seams to be the only time the car wants to go fastish,would it be best to bypass the apc vavle or just fit the valve into the wasgate hose off the apc.

stuart
91 carlsson

·
Registered
413 Posts
Stuart,
The 'townsend' website has a complete diagnostic procedure including wiring diagrams for cruise control.
Can't locate the site address right now but I think there's a link to it on here somewhere.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Tandino, the DI/APC 9000 do not have a pressure over switch. I fitted Dawes device and ran 21psi for several weeks but ended up backing it of to 18psi - I used a foot pump connected to vacuum hose to dash gauge to 'calibrate' the dash gauge.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Sorry Stuart, cruise problems are usually down to incorreect setting of the switches on the brake and clutch pedals. Lie under the pedals and remove vacuum pipes / reconnect so only one pipe on each switch and suck on pipe to check that the switch holds a vacuum - if not move switch closer to pedal. If switches are OK we are into diagnostics of the electrical side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.