Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 9000 carlson 1990 2l however when i purchased it i never bothered to check the cruise control. It does not work at all i'm not particularly bothered at the moment however if it is a simple fault i would like to rectify it. which ever function i try to select on it nothing happens any thoughts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The common fault is the switches on the brake and clutch pedals- they may have failed electrically or need mechanical adjustment. The system has a failsafe that causes it to remain disengaged whilst either the brake or clutch pedal is pressed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi I had the same thing with my 1990 Carlsson.

I posted about this a few months back and Mark suggested the switches to me then however I checked the Brake switch cause it's easy to find, above the passenger footwell, it wasn't that. Ichecked all the vacuum pipes that I could find, it wasn't that. I then checked the control unit which is above the drivers side footwell, it's a rectangular black box with a multiplug at one end, I unplugged it and reconnected it, still nothing.

2 weeks ago I had some time so I pulled out the trim above the drivers footwell and pushed the drivers seat full back crawled in looked up and lo and behold the clutch cruise switch was obvious to see. The Clutch pedal has a flat plate on it which actuates the switch, in my case the plate was not even touching the switch so I eased the plate towards the switch till I could see it working. Leaving the trim out meantime I took the car for a spin and Success Cruising!!!! . Regards C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.