Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m on my 3rd CDE M reg and my new one now has a cruise light on the dash. Its on all the time unless I touch the brakes or when I switch it off. I thought it should only light up when the cruise conrol is operating and not when the cruise button is in the middle position and I haven't used the set button?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The cruise light on my '97 CSE comes on when the cruise switch is clicked on, regardless of whether the speed is being controlled by it. Presumably it does so to warn you in case you accidentally press 'Resume'. Have to say I always turn mine off when not actively using it.

Quinton

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Saab specifically tell you to turn off the cruise control if you are not actively using it. I think this in case there is a glitch and it suddenly decides to do a resume upto what ever you last set it to.

Once for a laught I set the cruise to 70 and brought the car to a halt... then I pressed resume and on a 2.3T Auto it was quite impressive.

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Well it seemed to on mine (maybe its faulty?) ... which is one reason why I keep it turned off when I'm not using it!!... 0-70mph without touching a thing (and a very smooth acceleration it was too!).

Steve

·
Registered
969 Posts
My late '94 2.0 CSE LPT does not have a light, but came with a MY '95 handbook (which looked original) that showed the light. You can also see the outline of the 'cruise' warning on the display. When I queried it at the dealer he said that the light was wired from '95 and that it was not wired on mine.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Where the light is locateed in the instrument cluster? I think I saw it in a US car, t was in the place where in my '87 is the rear fog light light, in the lower right corner. I then assumed then US cars didn't have rear fog light, but I thought that european 9ks had it.

BTW, I always have he cruise on ON, I never switched it on for mistake. And the "resume" key is too hard to be pressed without intention... and since it's enough to slightly tap the clucth pedal to turn the cruise off, I'm not worried by a sudden kick of the cruise.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your replies - so mine is working normally. However StephenA I've had 3 9000's all with cruise and they all have a safety device to prevent the cruise engaging unless you are doing over 25mph so I guess yours has a small fault with it although I wouldn't worry about it as Stefano says it takes a pretty heavy push to accidently engage it. Have fun with it instead

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.