Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have just noticed recently that my cruise control turns off under certain circumstances. Strangely, it turns off when changing lanes when maintaining speed; when turning indicators on; and when turning full beam on or off.

It has only just started doing it and it’s somewhat annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? I can see some people report intermittent issues of it just turning off but this seems very strange when carrying out certain actions.

And no I didn’t touch the brake or accelerator 😁

Many thanks,

John

Saab 9-3 Aero 2007 Anniversary.

· Registered
139 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have just noticed recently that my cruise control turns off under certain circumstances. Strangely, it turns off when changing lanes when maintaining speed; when turning indicators on; and when turning full beam on or off.

It has only just started doing it and it’s somewhat annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? I can see some people report intermittent issues of it just turning off but this seems very strange when carrying out certain actions.

And no I didn’t touch the brake or accelerator 😁

Many thanks,

John

Saab 9-3 Aero 2007 Anniversary.
I don't have an answer but it sounds like something weird in the electrics and rather dangerous too!

· Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like maybe the switch in the control stalk. There are several connections between that switch and the system in the steering column. That of course is a big assumption. As it could be the switch on the brake pedal or another connection in the system or even a bad wheel sensor. Any access to a tech 2 to see if any other clues?

from your symptoms it does sound like you could try swapping out the turn switch/ lever with a pull from the yard… but try first looking in there for a loose connector… you might get lucky there as the switch is getting rare and pricy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts