Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back from garage:gearbox rebuild and clutch master cylinder.
Had a clear run on my commute this morning(for once!)tried to set cruise....and nothing.
I presume when the car was in the garage they didn't connect something right? As manchester has started to live up to its reputation today(rain, rain, rain, rain etc etc) and I have a small garage, I don't want to get soaking wet looking for uncoupled connectors etc. Does anyone have ideas? I'm getting full boost, just this problem.......
Cheers

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Paul,

Check the electrical switches above the clutch and brake pedal are connected, these switch off the cruise when you press either pedal.
Also above the passenger footwell there is a diaphram (bolted to the bulkhead) with a vacuum pipe leading from it. If detatched the diaphram can't pull vacuum to operate the throttle cable.

HTH.

Nick.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I had my Carlsson and had the clutch master cylinder replaced my cruise stopped working and it was simply that the garage had failed to adjust the clutch vacuum switch (on the pedal box) Main dealer did it for me in about three minutes and to my surprise for nothing. They just moved an arm or something.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had my clutch master cylinder replaced and my cruise control stopped working as well. Spent a good hour tearing back the carpets in the footwell to discover that the actual adjustment of cruise control is done by bending the plate on the back of the clutch pedal down such that it depressed the plunger on cruise control switch. Still learned how to get my cruise control going again....

A caveat is that there are (from memory) two types of cruise control used dependant on model year. My car is a 1993 9000 which has vaccum driven cruise control, I think the later ones had a purely electrical one. Townsend Imports website has a page on how to diagnose it.

http://216.78.172.244/electrical_system_fo...uisecontrol.htm

Hope this helps,

Cheers
John P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts