Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in the cruise control components for a '94 CSE 2.0i(manual) and a '96 CSE (auto)2.3fpt?

I have seen the parts advertised by a breaker, but don't want to buy them if they won't work. I know there'll be a discrepancy in the number of switches for the pedals, but does the injection vs turbo element make any difference?

Also, does anyone know what other parts are necessary other than:

left hand indicator stalk
cruise control cpu
cruise control vacuum unit

(I know about the foot switches, I asked the breaker about them, I think he had forgotten they'd be necessary)

Thanks - Jules

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you have to love english roads don't you! but, I play in a band, and do a lot of my motorway miles late at night when the roads are pretty clear. The temptation to sit at silly speeds is quite strong, and I think a "hold me legal" button would be really very beneficial

·
Registered
335 Posts
cruise control? ...pff
they dont help - youre wafting along, cutting your daily journey and eventually this happens..
'good morning sir - do you have a steady foot?'
'er.. well i havent been drinking, and im aware of the traffic / weather conditions'
'yes sir - steady enough to maintain 87mph for the last 7miles, regardless of gradient?'
(this 'humour' continues)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.