Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control on my saab has for the last year had an intermittant fault where the cruise would set ok then cut off without warning. Sometimes it would work again straight away and other times it wouldn't.
Now the system has stopped working all together. I have checked and tested the two switches, one on the clutch pedal & one on the brake pedal.(these swithes are the pheumatic/electric type)both of these switches are working prefectly. Secondly I checked the vacuum hoses physically by following all the routes & found no problems there. Thirdly checked the vacuum pump, I removed it from the car and ran it on a test bench for an afternoon & frequently tried stop/starts & it works prefectly. I then stripped out the cruise control stock from the left hand side of the steering column & carried out a continuity test on all the wires this also works perfectly. Next I carried out a vacuum test on the vacuum diaphram & the chain works the throttle cable perfectly(if you disconnect the vacuum hose from the vacuum pump & suck hard on the hose you can see the throttle cable response accordingly). I have check all the cables on the control unit box & even cleaned the main relay contacts within the control module. I find that if the car is very cold the cruise control works until the car warms up then it cuts off. The other example is if I am on a motorway at high speed it works sometimes ok.
I have since given up on the system working properly again unless someone has encountered this problem & has succeeded in curing the problem. Help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a similar problem with mine I have not fixed it yet although I have done some of the things that you have, but go to :-
http://216.78.173.63/electrical_system_fol...uisecontrol.htm This has lots of good info on cc diagnostics including wiring diagrams. There is also lots of other good technical info on this site.
I think you may have a cc ecu problem, but that's just a guess.

Nigel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.