Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Cruise Control not working after software update

6K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  vaipetr 
#1 ·
Is there any reason why my cruise control would not be working after software update? It was working ok before, I called them back and the technician is saying software update should not affect cruise at all. Is it possible that it got reset to OFF by default and now needs to be enabled by Tech2?

#8 ·
Turns out it's not the stalk that's making cruise control not to work. I've swapped the stalks over with another 9-3, and it still didn't work, my stalk worked fine on the other 9-3. So where should I look next? How do I get to and remove clutch switch?

#13 ·
so it might be CIM you say? but I have no other issues, apart from maybe SID intermittently telling me about front fog bulb failure although it's fine.

Cruise control used to work ok, although it was cutting off sometimes, then I had the software update at official Saab garage using the £9.99 deal and it won't work at all since then, light on dash is on but won't set speed.

Ok, so let's establish what components could affect cruise function: there are the clutch and brake switches and the stalk with it's buttons, which then connects to CIM and that goes straight to ECU? Do the clutch and brake switches connect directly to CIM, ECU or something else?

#15 ·
Had given up on my cruise control over winter but now would like to try and make it work as summer is round the corner and more motorway miles are bound to be covered.

So the clutch switch was fine although I replaced it anyway as I broke its clips when taking out. Noticed there are 2 switches on the brake pedal, is that just a backup in case one failed or do they control different things? My brake lights are working fine.

#18 ·
I did a bit more investigation with OP-COM:
Text Blue Font Line Screenshot

The 3 marked values remain INACTIVE as I drive and try to engage cc. Now as I have another 1.9TID SS handy, I tried same thing on it and as I hit 20mph the "Vehicle speed in cc range" turns ACTIVE, and when engaged the "Cruise Control" value turns ACTIVE, if I switch cc button on stalk to off, the "Cruise control tip switch" value turns to "O(off)" whereas on the faulty cc car all values remain inactive no matter what I try. I have swapped the stalks around, so I know they are both good. Any ideas where this is pointing to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.