Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just recently I have purchased a 2010 Aero TTiD. Unfortunately the cruise control doesn't work, the light comes on but it won't set the speed. Had it hooked up to Tech2 this showed no errors and showed the switches are working correctly (Stalk, Clutch & Brake). Even though Tech2 said all was fine we swapped the stalk out and still wouldn't work.

So as you can imagine I'm pretty stumped on what it could be! Any help/ideas are appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
this may sound daft,but how are you activating it..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Making sure I've braked first. Then speeding up to above the 25-26 mph limit, flicking the switch (light comes on) go to set the speed and nothing. Tried the foot under pedal trick, still nothing.

Strange how Tech2 shows the stalk is working and the pedal switches are working too...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like the cruise control feature has got screwed up.
I'd disconnect the battery for an hour and it should force a reset of the ecu.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Haynes book gives no detail on the cruise control. No surprise.
However the components would be the CIM to the main engine ECU, both of which have to be working otherwise you wouldn't be able to drive at all.
My bet is an ECU reset and it might restart the function
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Its the switch. Its always the switch... :)

My money's on the clutch pedal switch. Tech2 has no way of knowing if its working or not as there's no secondary sensor as far as I'm aware.

Could equally be the brake switch unless Tech2 cross references the cruise switch with the brake light switch - though if it was it'd throw up a "touch brakes" warning when you activated cruise.

Yep, definitely the clutch switch :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update - Had battery disconnected for approx 1 and a half hours no joy still. Any ideas on what next?

Brake and clutch switches?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Might be a daft question, but you are activating the cruise control by pushing up or down on the toggle switches at the end of the stalk aren't you ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to be clear I have had a 9-3 before this with cruise control and know how to operate it.

The above is not ment to sound snotty just making you all aware :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
understood, but I had to ask..

As another poster said :
"Its the switch. Its always the switch... "

Has to be a pedal switch then as you've replaced the stalk, I can't think of anything else and out of ideas I'm afraid.

Hope you sort it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I've had a thought, I shouldn't need to change the brake switch because I'd imagine I'd get the brake warning on the SID....

Getting stuck now. Only other thing to try is to get the dealer to refresh the software on the ECU...

·
Registered
56 Posts
its a strange one alright if it's not the switches.
There are other inputs into the cc system than just the pedal switches and stalk. Wheel speed for one, throttle position sensor and perhaps one or 2 others.
I would have thought if one of them fails, it would log a message but you never know.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Dont want to add to the random efforts of fixing this, but if I pass a truck for example, it self cancels EVERYTIME, so maybe YAW sensor??, not sure without WIS, what exactly governs/inputs into teh CC system. I have just learned to live with it. But mine does work, so understand frustraion building for you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts