Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, ive noticed this in the past couple of weeks, when i put the cruise on the car struggles to maintain a constant speed, the car starts jerking back and forward, accelerating and then backing off, turbo needle goes up and down a bit. It has been quite windy in ireland in past few weeks, gale force winds but its been calm enough in the past few days and the car is still doing it. The car goes back to normal when i knock the cruise off.

You reckon it could be the wind or do i have a problem? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
cruise control works by adding and backing off of the power to maintain a set speed so what you describe is how it works. dependant on conditions such as weather, road ,etc it will work more or less to maintain the set speed. If going up a hill it will require more power than going down one and this can be exaserbated by the gear you are in in a manual or mean an auto box changing up and down as required. if a steep descent then it maybe braking is applied via the anti lock system to help maintan the set speed.

Thats just the very basics.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cruise control works by adding and backing off of the power to maintain a set speed so what you describe is how it works. dependant on conditions such as weather, road ,etc it will work more or less to maintain the set speed. If going up a hill it will require more power than going down one and this can be exaserbated by the gear you are in in a manual or mean an auto box changing up and down as required. if a steep descent then it maybe braking is applied via the anti lock system to help maintan the set speed.

Thats just the very basics.
i understand how cruise control works buddy, im not totally clueless. This rocking back n forward happens on a straight flat road, no hills.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Given you happily admit you know little about cars i thought i would run over the basics just in case.

Suggest you moderate your tone and attitude, given people are simply trying to help.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Saying i dont know a lot about cars is a little vague and untrue, the maintenance side of things is my achillies heel (my car does get well maintained by my saab tech, not myself) but the technologies integrated in cars, im pretty up on. My apologies if you took me the wrong way there.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
cool, wind is one enviromental factor that can have a big effect on cruise.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Aaron no one is impling you are or have ever being totaly useless, stop putting yourself down by suggesting so or thinking people are impling this in their response to you as often a full description of how something works often means the person that has posted knows what they are on about and imo helps with a in depth reply not only to the thread starter but for future reference by another person who does not know the fundlementals of how something works my replies often involve in depth wording but does not mean im telling the other person on how to suck eggs and can often help others :D

the cc would be one of the first things to shut down if there were a problem, wait till a carm day and retest..........or ill be swimming over there and giving you a good slap accross that irish arse lmao :p..........listen to gramps ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol true thanks buddy. Some posts can come across as patronising (not saying yours did zohan mate) and its hard to know what way to take them. Im irish though, we like to have the craic and never take anything thick :p

Oh and do come over here, come on the rip with me gramps i'll teach you a thing or two... dont worry i'll ask the manager of the club can you take your walking aid on the dancefloor :p:p:pojoj haha

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
could have a faulty yaw sensor..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts