Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the car up the other day and was faced with some strange symbols! There is a lcd type screen under the speedo that indicates which gear you have selected (auto gearbox) by means of an amber dash. However that day every gear had a dash under it!! Plus when you scrolled thru the info screen 'F1' was shown! Can anyone enlighten me as to what that was all about! Its gone now!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have found on my auto that if the gear selector lever is in the detent all the way that it will occasionally remind me by doing what you described. Normally, if I nudge the gear selector a bit, it will engage the detent properly and the dash will only appear under the gear that is selected. Hope this helps with your problem.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The F1 indicates a fault, "Fault in gear selection transmitter or associated wiring.(All orange segments under PRND123 will light up simultaeneously. Intended for cars with automatic transmissions.)"

From the 9000 workshop manual - hope it helps.

Neil

·
Registered
312 Posts
Along these lines, it's getting harder and harder to move the gear select lever out of Park. I park in a mostly lever area so there should be no excess pressure against the park-pin in the trans.
Is there something I should lubricate as this all started after I did a cleanup of the engine bay.
Thanks,

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.