Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Crash ,,,,,,,,, somebody done a runner

Tags
crash runner
3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  deano93tid 
#1 ·
Afternoon all , seeking abit advise regarding a dickhead who done a runner, somebody crashed into side of my car causing a 1000 pound plus damage police investigating but not holding my breath , happened on Friday afternoon , I've just been out to have a look how bad it is in daylight ,it's drive able , but now I notice cd multi player not working , would this be down to impact , as its going through my insurance now , :confused:

#2 ·
Hi There,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, You will have the devils own job trying to prove the CD player was a) damaged due to the crash and b) working before the crash right up to when it happened.

Have you checked fuses and the cabling to see if this become dislodged?

Good Luck ! :)

#4 ·
i was in a similar situation, where a drunk guy slammed into the back of my 93 convertible back in august while it was parked on a pub car park and sped off, even though people saw it happen they didnt get the reg, went through police, insurance even the MIB and they all came to the same conclusion that unless i could provide the Reg of the offending car there is nothing they could do, if i made a claim through the insurance my excess, loss of no claims, and increase next year would have been around £1600, so i had no choice but to suck up the cost and pay £1400 out of my own pocket for the repairs and the guy got off scott free

#10 ·
it was an oldish blue fiesta, millions of them on the road but yeah your right there must have been other proper cctv cameras around even though it wasnt in a city / large town etc rather than relying on the pubs naff ones that dont work well at night

#9 ·
I think you will have problems with that but to be honest if there was a decent impact it could have easily broken it, those players are prone to breaking without any impact, tiny fiddly mechanisms. There must be more CCTV further away not many cars will be on the road at the time of the event with front end damage matching the car that did it.

#11 ·
Or even as the police force they could easily speak to your local paper and have a full page spread requesting info on a hit and run (no one is to know that no one was hurt - well this time they weren't) someone is bound to call up and report.

But on the other hand it is only us that pay their wages but a bit of paper work is too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.