Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some old oil on the bottom right (looking from front) of what I think is the crankcase cover (if that is the black thing, with DI cassette in and surrounded by Torx bolts). It seemed a bit caked on, and some had been desposited further down. Didn't look fresh.

Further investigation of the oil lead to the discovery that the bolts on the right 1/2 of the cover were all finger tight.

They are now all sensibly tight (don't have a torque wrench), is there anything else that might need doing?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Funnily enough I've stopped our blue 9000 doing this last time I did the head gasket (new cover seal and Saab instant gasket in the right place.
Our red 9000 dosnt do this either, but leaks oil at the head gasket instead - time for another gasket change

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
John, it might not be a head weep- the dizzy cap leak does tend to spread. Clean it all up and then see where the new seepage occurs.

Touching wood now, but my dizzy cap hasn't leaked since I had the head done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.