Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a bit of a long shot this one but here goes anyway does any body know whether white dials (dashboard)are available for the 9000? i think my cd carly would look the bees knees with them fitted i have seen chrome rings that go round the clocks but thats about it cheers

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
As a cheap fix you could strip the dials off your original clocks take them to a vehicle graphics company and they should be able to scan the dials and then print the text/numbers onto white vinyl that will stick over the top of your original dials Cheap but effective

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Dave_NI:
[qb]Surely the abbot prive includes fitting, which is gonna be the expensive part. [/qb][/b]
Think it does include fitting the dials, but don't think it includes removing the unit from the car and replacing it as on the website it says it will take 5 working days. Think you have to take it out and post it to them.

Mind you I do quite like the white dials, but I'm unsure if I prefer them to my black dials.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Abbott Racing is a business, not a charity - hence their prices.[/b]
Yes, but if they put their prices down to a realistic level to compete with other dealers they would shift a damn sight more stuff, but then again if people are prepared to pay their prices then they will never reduce them. I posted before that if they marketed square wheels they would probably sell a few sets..

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Mark in Ireland:
[qb]  QUOTE
Abbott Racing is a business, not a charity - hence their prices.[/b]
Yes, but if they put their prices down to a realistic level to compete with other dealers they would shift a damn sight more stuff, [/qb][/b][/quote]Perhaps their prices are realistic? They will have a cost, they have a sale price and what they make in between goes towards the costs of running their business.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It says Abbott quote:("Work is carried out on original dial head. Allow up to 5 working days)"

So I suppose that means they must take your one out ??

I work for the large drinks company, we use a German contractor called Krones AG to service/maintain our high sped line, they charge £75 per hour for a man so in the scheme of things Abbott ain't that bad.

Haggag01

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.