1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
i've no idea,diesels peeps will be able to answer better.Just get it all done,i've seen a pumps/rollers & tensioners seize and take out the belt which all ends with the pistons saying hello to the valves,on various marques not just saabs.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I bought one of those tool kits & never used it ..... Bit of a waste O' cash IMO ....... Buy yourself a 15mm Combi spanner instead & a 5mm Drill bit ..... Money better spent

If you mark the front cog with Tippex or similar & the same with the bottom cog.... Wee splodge on the cog itself & a none moveable bit on the engine & the same with the bottom pulley Ya good to go .... Umm I did location markings on the harmonic balancer too.... I dunno if that was essential, but it certainly did no harm & cost nothing

You need to be quite careful when lining up the tensioner mechanism ....... & Ideally if I was you I'd note the route of the belt too..... I didn't & got one of those ......... Err how did this go moments....... May as well do the water pump whilst your there & maybe a auxiliary belt too if your feeling flush...... Leave the tensioner for the aux belt alone...... Its evil that thing if your drill bit gets knocked out ..... T'will have your finger end off no worries ..... You could oil it lightly if it looks grotty

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank for the info it won't be me that wil do the job it a mechanic friend and he requested that I get one. That's fine by me as it will still be a lot cheaper than going to a local garage that's charging £300 for the job. Don't know what parts they r using.
J...m do u wanna sell ur kit.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.