Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with the factory manual (or other reliable source) got the base boost spec. for the '96 2.0 LPT (auto, if it makes a difference)? It's got an intercooler and no BPC valve (first year for this on the 2.0LPT, I think).

I suspect mine has a weak wastegate actuator at 100K miles, but I need to know what the correct boost pressure to help determine this.

My AllData subscription doesn't cover the 2.0LPT. I don't think they ever got that engine in the US, at least in '96.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have a '98 auto 2L eco at 117k miles, so interetsed in your findings Bill.

From memory, I think 0.45 bar is the factory setting for my car, but will need to check it out. I know that it was lower that the setting of my previous 2L eco 1994, with no-intercooler), which was set at around 0.55Bar from memory.

The Saab wastegate actuator is normally very reliable, and designed to aircraft specifications, from what I have heard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
BillJ, my '91 alldata subscription has a table for the basic and max boost pressures for all engine variants, so it may be worth looking it up anyway (Powertrain Management, Fuel Delivery and Air Induction, Turbocharger, Specifications, Pressure, Vacuum and Temperature Specifications, Turbo Boost Pressure). I don't know what the '96 2.0 variant is, but it lists the B202S and B202R as 0.4 bar base.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I believe it changed when they added the intercooler and removed the BPC valve. My '95 has the valve and no intercooler so it seems the change was made for MY '96.

Trouble is, I've been told it was 0.45 bar, and this agrees with Paul's memory
I can only adjust it as far as 0.38 bar before I run out of adjustment, so it's not even making the 0.40.

It's on permanent loan to my dad, and he thinks it's pretty quick. I don't reckon it's as quick as it ought to be and hate to have ti not quite right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts