Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98MY 2.3FPT does not appear to have the fan switch in the radiator conected to anything, and nor does there seem to be a connector for it. (I believe that the radiator has been replaced at some stage). The fan still runs, however, but is this due to the ACCII aircon pressure switch activating the fan, or does the system use somother sensor on these later cars?
Does anyone know where I can find a wiring digram for this model year? I've looked at Townsend Imports and this is inconclusive for ACCII; I don't even know whether mine should have a two speed or single speed fan.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have an earlier car, but from other posts here I believe that later cars like yours do not use the simple radiator mounted fan switch. I believe that the fan is driven by one of the brains which measure engine temperature from the sensor in the head (the gauge sensor). I suspect that you can tell whether you have a single or double speed fan by having a look at the relays and fuses. A double speed fan will almost certainly have two relays and two fuses. In the earlier cars they are in the fuse box near the battery.

Use the search function for more info. This has been discussed a lot in the past.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've searched and from what I've found I believe that my fan doesn't run at high speed simply because the fuse and relay are missing. Does anyone with a two speed fan have the part number or Bosch reference no. for the high speed relay?

Also, I can only hope that BillJ can publish (please!) the cooling system wiring diagram for us, as he did with the ACCII wiring diagram etc when I had problems with that!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I don't have a scanner, but I can take a picture of the 2-speed fan schematics and email it to people, if they need it.
Perhaps I should just email it to BillJ? - and he can post it?
Basically, the coolant temperature sensor, on the cylinder head, sends a signal to the EDU, which then sends a message, next door, to the temperature gauge, and to the high and low-speed relays in the fuse box adjacent to the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.