Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Saab 9-5 with the 3.0 V6. The other day coolant and steam blew up everywhere. Turns out that a hose broke. kind of. Theres a hose that goes from reservoir to the engine. Then another that goes from the engine to some kind of cylinder/solenoid in the back of the engine bay up against the firewall. Its right next to the master cylinder. The coolant hose that broke goes up to the bottom of the solenoid, there is a hose that goes through the firewall, and there is an electrical clip on top. Neighbor said he thought it controls whether or not coolant is sent to the heater when I turn my heat on. Not sure what the part is but I know I need to get a new one!

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think thats the right guy. From pictures on internet, red circles are what I believe are the coolant bypass(not what is leaking) and I circled yellow from where it is leaking. Once again its a cylinder on the firewall that is about 5 in. tall that has a hose coming in the side from the firewall and one out of the bottom(the broken one) that goes to the side of the engine block and a blue electrical connector on top. Just looking for a name/number, something about the part to tell the guy at auto parts store to get a new one.
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Car
Auto part Pipe Fuel line Wire Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AHA! its an "auxiliary water pump" i believe. Doing some quick searches. It is located just to the right(looking from the front of car) of the heater bypass valve. slightly behind the brake master cylinder. Like I said, it has one hose going to the heater byass valve and another going to the engine block. the actual pump is Bosch 0392020034 while the bracket that holds it on is SAAB 4754370. When doing searches for these numbers it came out to be an auxiliary water pump. Not sure what the purpose of this pump is? anyone know what this does or what its purpose is? If it is anything like the secondary air intake, it is very much useless. I am debating whether to buy a new one ore figure a way around it?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.